Monday, January 26, 2009
I am in Paris and quite tired from the jet lag still. I havent really explore the city but i think i will do fine=)
I am starting to miss home, family, friends and the regular habitual things i do at home. It is kinda foreign here and many times a day, I will suddenly realised I am in Paris.. It is surreal, all of it, even as I am typing this.
It is a step from my comfort zone i guess. Getting to places on my own, doing things on my own and just moving to get things done.. oh and surviving without a phone and the need to make appointments still is qutie unsettling.
I started to do household chores which i detest back home but I have to do it anyway. I might as well learn to do it. Cooking is still new to me but I will learn. My mum says I can cook for the family when i go back.. like probably once a week or as such. I am a good wife material when i return lol!
Absence makes the heart fonder. It's true especially when it's the festive season. Chinese New Year gets more and more boring every year but i still like the festive moods.. Waking up early to a new beginning (at least that's how it feels), getting angbaos, everyone greeting one another with gong xi fa cai.. Reunion dinners! This year, i had baguette on cny eve and a flan chocolat.. LOL.
Friends, i miss them.. some. I webcammed a few and that was alright. My family and dog are sorely missed. I am such a mummy's girl.
You realised I am skipping from topic to topic cause I am very tired alr. This is way past my sg time, doha time, paris time as well.. So i will rest now! yes, till then..
Posted by Jessica at Monday, January 26, 2009