height="110">Close to you - Carpenters

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I just have to blog before i forget everything.. I am a forgetful pok. So, here goes.
I went for the 3rd musical since the one i participated in 8 years ago. Oh My, that was a long long time ago.
The fact that i dun see many pl lites that are older than me is bad.. I am old. When i saw the musical this year, i know the efforts they put into behind the scenes and all the months of rehearsal they must have had. I went through it with a group of friends when we were all young and innocent. Every saturday 9-5pm and sometimes after school, we will be in the hall perfecting the songs, the pitch, the tone while the actresses perfect their acting skills. In between, we goof around and enjoyed the first year of our secondary school days.
I remembered the performance days.. The rush to get things done, to eat dinner, to put on makeup and run away from the make-up artiste who constantly tried to pile blusher onto out cheeks.
I love singing and probably it was from the musical and being in choir. I enjoyed my secondary school days, learning how to be a friend and among other things.
This year musical was a surprise. If I am being objective, it was better than my year's but I AM BIASED. So, you know my stand. Feeling significant is important, that's was part of the message the musical was trying to get across. We tend to define ourselves by what others think and say of us. I am guilty of that, in fact, the opinions of others matter so much that i feel terrible sometimes. But, perhaps we should be defined by what we do and what we are. Perhaps, perhaps.. most importantly, if He thinks I am significant is more crucial. The rest? Friends will understand and those who misunderstands, should not bother me too much.
In conclusion, I had a great night and i think of all my frens who are overseas.. Tan, Gayeong and those who are not there.. like Lolly and all..
I love you guys! I have said it more than once to them.. The only ones who know me and the ones that i really understand. And i have to wait till dec for the next gathering.. boo!
Till then..

Posted by Jessica at Saturday, July 19, 2008