Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I am fan jian-ing again. I joined SOW on a day's notice.. or rather, i decided the day before the prep camp at 12 am and dragged Andrew there as well. Oopz.
But i think 3 months of intern really bores the life out of me that i just need some cheers and some stupid games.. so SOW again this year. Tada!
I am watching this drama serial about plastic surgery on Channel U. I hate home-made films since the actors and actresses are usually the same few. Felicia Chin for example appeared in the 7pm, 9 pm and the 10 pm shows! Anyway, the plastic surgery show reflects on the reality of modern society.
Looks. Humans are visual creatures and there's no use pretending that we are not. Character matters more i know.. but looks are just as important.
First impressions are usually based on looks. And then, character. I tend to notice cute pple (dun blame me, everyone does) on first impressions but subsequently, it's based on character.
In the show, looks are regarded to be of the highest importance. In society, entertainment circle and even between husbands and wives. Looks are important but not of the utmost importance i guess. I have guy frens who are good looking but definitely and certainly not boyfriend material. On the other hand, I have frens who are average but will make a good bf. The one with both qualities, I havent seen one yet. But if i choose, of cos it will be the latter. The former is termed as "good looking arse cum player". I can save myself the heartache.
The episode yesterday was about a star who went under the knife so that she can enter the entertainment circle. When she was exposed for getting plastic surgery, she was scorned and forced to leave the entertainment circle. I wonder, since everyone thinks that looks and beauty are so important and even necessary, why do we scorn those who went for plastic surgery? Naturally, she decided to leave Singapore and on parting, she told a gd guy fren (bordering on becoming a lover) that she wants everything to stop here.. To keep things when it is most beautiful.
I think between people, it is better to keep a distance. Strangers are always nicer.. and memories tend to be more beautiful. When we are closer to people, we tend to take things for granted and assume that their characters are such and such.. Perhaps based on the first impressions during the one month. When they start to behave weirdly, it's upsetting and really, redundant. Something off the track.. My sister used to comment that i am selective about the frens i keep. But from her point of view, given that she has like sooooo many frens, she may find it bewildering. Our definitions of frens are different i guess. It's easier to choose those who are emotionally stable and less temperamental.Thus, no need to deal with their emotional outbursts. Hahaz, these are the stupid conclusions I get while talking to my gal frens..
We are weird.. Till then.
Posted by Jessica at Wednesday, July 16, 2008